Monday, June 29, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
HAPPY FATHERS DAY to my goofy dad who graciously left me this picture on my camera when I let him borrow it! :o) He loves it when I post pictures of him on the Internet! Love you dad! Happy Fathers Day!
Here are some more pics from our Fathers Day cookout Friday night! I am so lucky to have such a great dad! I am also extremely lucky to have such a wonderful husband who is a great dad to our 3 furry kids! Love you guys!
"Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad."
~ Author Unknown ~
- While using his knife to separate fire sticks, Jeremiah cut the top of his thumb off. Brandon pushed it back in place and put a pressure dressing over it that had to be changed every hour because of the bleeding. But I have good news - thumb is ok today!
- Once the fire was started the boys had there clothes in the area to help dry them. All of a sudden Jeremiah's hiking boot fell into the flames and the sole of his hiking boot was completely burnt off! Hard to hike in 1 hiking boot.
- While getting wood for this fire our crackhead dog Roxi went racing through the guys and sliced her ear all up in 3 places due to walking right into an axe that one of the guys was carrying at his side. Brandon said she did not cry or act like anything happened. Her ear is healed, but it looks like she has a couple of ears on one side. We call it her battle wound....
- Over the course of 2 days they went through a monsoon, tons of rain, hail, and snow!
- Brandon could not get poor Roxi dry enough at night and she was just about freezing! You know if that dog is cold...its cold!
So thankfully the guys all decided to head back home. They did not get very far in their 50 mile hike before having to turn back. Brandon and Stu are bound and determined to head back that way and finish the hike. No Roxi this time though....
Here are some pics from the trail....
Welcome to the Pecos Wilderness!
The boys and Roxi starting the hike!
Roxi waiting for Mike to cross the river
Time to set up camp and dry some clothes!
Some pretty scenery.....
Tom Marshall: [as a bear sniffs around Dan] Stay calm. Get in the fetal position. It won't bother you if you're in the fetal position. [the bear roars]
Tom Marshall: Abort the fetal position! It's not working!
~ From the movie: Without A Paddle ~