Map

Thursday, July 2, 2009

The patient is doing GREAT!

Well the surgery is over and Brandon is doing great! Brandon had the "A" team for surgery today! Everyone at the hospital was just amazing! I love my hospital family! They made sure that from start to finish Brandon was well taken care of - I did not have to worry much because I knew he was in the best hands from surgeon, to anesthesia, to OR nurse! Thanks everyone for being so AWESOME to my hubby!

They ended up just doing moderate sedation with a local to the area, which I was glad because it made recovery a little easier! :o) The surgery took about 45 minutes. Dr Deme and Mike (his AWESOME PA) said that they had to do a lot of digging to get the tumor out! But they did a great job! Ron Cotton (the best CRNA in the universe!) came out to get me after the procedure was over and Brandon was already sitting up on the stretcher smiling and shooting the bull with everyone! They saved the tumor for me to see before they sent it off - it is bigger than I was thinking it was going to be! It is a little big bigger than a golf ball. ( I attached a pic - if you get qweezy by looking at that kind of stuff DON'T LOOK!) The tumor is being sent off for biopsy and we should know the verdict in a couple of weeks! So keep praying! :o)

After surgery Brandon went down stairs to the Ortho Center (where I work) to his two other nursing wives (Rach and Morgan) who got him recovered and spoiled him! Rachelle even got to give him a free wax job! :o) We left the hospital around 9:45 and then stopped to pick up pain meds. Brandon has been pretty sore this afternoon, so I have been keeping the pain meds on board. It is just hard for him to get comfortable because it is right on the spot of your back where pressure is placed if you sitting up in a chair or laying down. But he is being a trooper and I am so glad everything went smooth today! Thanks to everyone for all the prayers and thoughts! We have had lots of visitors, calls, and care packages! We have the best friends and family anyone could ask for! Also a HUGE THANKS to my MMH hospital family - you guys are the greatest!

Brandon's good luck quarter from Ron :o)

The cutest patient ever! :o)



The tumor or as Joey would say - "Oh Larry!"



"The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love."
~ Hubert Humphrey ~

3 comments:

Summer said...

so glad to hear brandon is doing good! we will keep yall in our prayers!

The Williams Family said...

We are so glad everything turned out well. Love the pic of the tumor!!

ErinB said...

Glad to hear Brando is doing well, how's he now? What about yalls house renovations? How are those coming along?

I just tagged you in my blog. Check it out!