Map

Friday, September 26, 2008

Life Partners! :o)

Baby Caleb James is almost here! Rachelle who is one of my bestest friends and now "life partner" is cooking her second baby which I get to be the God Mother of! I have been deemed the non-catholic God Mother, just because of all the rules of the Catholic church but it works for me! I was so excited to go with Rachelle to her last sonogram to check on CJ! I even looked at her belly button! That is a HUGE feat for me, I mean HUGE!! On top of that I almost touched it when I was rubbing her belly!


The sonogram was amazing! Just to hear his little heart beat and see his huge cheeks was the coolest thing ever! He definitely has the Fro-mama cheeks! CJ is sitting at a good 7.7 pounds and still has 6 weeks of cooking to do! I know, poor Rachelle! :o) But she is a tough chick and Super Mom so I know she can handle it!


Now about the whole "life partner" thing.... it started while we were waiting at the doctors office and I was rubbing her belly and talking to CJ so that I could pump him up for some good shots on the sonogram! As I sat there I started to think.... people probably think we are some kind of "life partners" or something and she is carrying our baby! We could not stop laughing! Dr. Doke even thought it was funny when we told him the story! He offered up romantic lighting and hand holding! :o)



Thanks Rach for letting me go with you to preview yours and TJ's bundle of joy! Your Aunt Jess can't wait to meet you Caleb James! Now I have to start working on his nickname.....


There's a baby in that belly! :o)


Mama Rachelle and Aunt Jess



"People are giving birth underwater now. They say it's less traumatic for the baby because it's in water. But certainly more traumatic for the other people in the pool. "

~ Elayne Boosler ~

No comments: