Map

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Count Your Blessings!

From my daily devotional......

I will be the first to say that I am guilty of focusing on all the troubles and obstacles in life instead of counting all the blessings that I have around me each and every day! In all honesty I think sometimes we are so busy adding up our troubles that we forget to count our blessings! This got me to thinking about who and what I am thankful for....


1. My amazing husband who is my rock! He is my best friend and soul mate! I am so thankful that God blessed me with such an wonderful person to make my way through this crazy life with! Each day he inspires me to push myself to be all that he knows I can be! It is the best feeling to wake up every morning next to the person who makes you the happiest! His dedication and passion for life and God is contagious and that is one of the things I love most about him!


2. My wonderful puppies! Brandon and I don't have children, and really have not made the decision whether we are going to or not due to the risks. This is a something we have just had to turn completely over to God and put in his hands! So because of this I am thankful to be a mom to the best puppies in the universe! They are always thankful for the little things you do and love you unconditionally - even on the worst of days! I know alot of people make fun of me because I treat and talk about my puppies like kids, but that is exactly what they are to me - my kids!

3. My wonderful parents who I am lucky enough to have! They are parents that would go to the moon and back for me if I needed them to! I am thankful for the love and support they have given me through my life! I can only hope that through all their hard work and dedication that I am a daughter they can be proud of! I wish all children were blessed with such great parents!


4. My marvelous sister who has amazed me as she has grown up to become such an astounding young woman! Although it makes me sad that I don't get to talk to her as much as I used to because we are both so busy "living life," I know that she is forever there for me! We have the kind of bond where we can just pick up where we left off! I am thankful that God blessed her with a wonderful husband to live her life with!





5. My extended family who has taken me into their family with open arms since the day Brandon and I met! They are the best "in laws" a girl could ask for! Their unconditional love and support for Brandon and me is endless! I have loved and enjoyed the opportunity to learn more about them and grow closer to them each and everyday!






6. I have the best friends anyone could ask for! Words can not even describe how great my friends are! There isn't enough room to upload pictures of everyone who has been a great friend to me! :o)







7. Our house! Although it seems like it has been under construction for FOREVER (which I tend to complain about alot!) I am thankful to have my own home to share with my family and our wonderful "grandma and grandpa" neighbors who have the most amazing stories!

8. My profession! I absolutely LOVE being a nurse! It is definitely my calling in life! Having the opportunity to wake up each day and help and have an impact on another persons life is one of the best feelings ever! I can only hope that I have had a positive influence in the lives of each of my patients, because they have all touched my life in their own way and made me the nurse and individual I am today!




9. To be an American and live in this great country. I know at the present time our country is going through some hard times, but I believe if we would put God back into the decision making for this country his grace could do endless things!

10. An amazing God who is unfailing. Although I stumble and fall he is always there to pick me up! His grace and mercy is everlasting - I am still learning to put ALL my trust in him...which for some reason is something I battle daily! I think I have trouble "letting go and letting God."


I could go on and on now that I am sitting down and actually thinking about all that I am blessed with! I encourage each of you to sit down and write out what you are thankful for! Here is something to remember... Never start counting your troubles until you've counted at least a hundred of your blessings. By that time, you probably won't think you have troubles!
I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.
~ Psalm 77:11-12 ~

No comments: