Map

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sad Day at the Cotton Bowl :o(

We woke up at 3 a.m Friday morning and went and picked up my parents and made our way to Dallas, TX for the Cotton Bowl! I have been on countdown for this game! We finally made it to Dallas around 10 after making a few pits stops and walked around the stadium and purchased our official Cotton Bowl t-shirts! It was originally supposed to have been cold for the game but instead it was hot and humid with plenty of sunshine! Not good for me, but it was a nice day! The game started at 1 and Tech was up 14 to 0 against Ole Miss! I was just hoping we could keep it up for a good 'ole Texas butt kicking, but it did not happen! For some reason Tech just was not in sync and we lost to Ole Miss 47 - 34. I was so sad!! But it was good to actually be a part of history...this was the last bowl game to played in the stadium, and we were there for it! They will move the game to the new Texas Stadium in 2010! Although we lost we still had a blast at the game and with my parents in Dallas! After the game we went to Pappadeaux to stuff our faces and it was YUMMY! Then we all crashed super early...we had had a long day! We woke up early the next morning to do some shopping at Sam Moon and REI (Brandon's fav place), eat lunch at Saltgrass and then head home!
I wish the Raiders could have pulled out a victory, but win or lose I am still proud to be a Texas Tech Red Raider! Maybe next year boys...... :o) Happy 2009 everyone! Hope everyone has a great week!


The Cotton Bowl Stadium

Go Tech Go!

Maw & Paw ready to get their GUNS UP!

Red Raider Fanatics!


The flags were flying high!




I got a new hat and it is P-I-M-P!

Our QB - Graham Harrell (he didn't have a good day!)

Long live the matadors.....

"What counts in sports is not the victory, but the magnificence of the struggle."

~ Joe Paterno ~





1 comment:

Jenn said...

You guys are just the cutest!! LOVE YOU!